Reading Slump

 

Hello and welcome back or welcome if you are new.


Today I bring you a ramble if you will.



I've been very slumpy reading lately. Heck the desire to much of anything has been hard to find. It started when my step mom was moved into palliative care in March, then was made worse 41 days later by the passing of my grandmother on May 7th. 


I've been reading bits here and there or mindlessly played audiobooks in the background but I just haven't had desire, the drive to pick up a book. I wanted to so badly but nothing was calling me and what I did read I know I didn't give my all to because I just didn't have it in me to give. 


Sunday evening after work, whilst walking through my favourite graveyard the urge to sit down hit me hard. I wanted read there and then but you see the book in my bag was not what I wanted to be reading. ( I have been reading The Dragon Republic for at least 2 months, nothing against the book its all me + obligation reads) 


I have realized I need a break from fantasy and I thought a reread would be comforting. So I sat outside on this holiday Monday and read some not a lot but some,the thing is I haven't felt like this was a chore, I didn't get distracted because it's not what I want. 


I missed this 100% mood reading.


I think I'll be talking a slight break form booktours and reviews (besides the ones I'm already signed on to do) or at least dial them back. I hope by the time I finish this reread of Interview With the Vampire I'll will be out of my slump. 


Happy Reading 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman