#BookReview Stones of Light (Threadlight #2) by Zack Aryle

 


Book:Stones of Light

Author: Zack Aryle

Series: Threadlight book 2

Published: April 4th 2021

Publisher: Zack Aryle (Self-Pub)

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


Beware of spoilers!!


How does one review a sequel whilst not spoiling either book? I will try my best BUT like I said previously beware.  


After the events of book 1 Voice of War our cast of characters Chrys, Laurel and Alverax have been through a lot and now well continue to go through a lot in Stones of Light. 


Chrys is battling to gain control of himself, the voice in his head turning to be something much worse than what he ever could imagine. Witnessing himself do and say such horrific acts. To find out that isn't him but a "god" named Relek


Laurel, is now an achromatic, having lost her ability to control threadlight and now at the hands of Alabella the head of the bloodtheives.


Alverax, the only obsidian threadweaver is now with Zeda people in the city of Felia to ask for protection and shelter after their land was burnt to the ground by the bloodtheives. 


As much as I enjoyed the first of this series I was not surprised to like this one even more so. My jaw hung open at so many points I was so engrossed, shocked, disturbed and awed. 


Can we talk for a minute on how much DARKER Stones of Light is?? Those corespawn attacks? The whole concept of them? An invisible viscous attacker!!


We learn a lot about threadlight and how it's created. 

The theoliths and coreseals. 

The wastelander gods, siblings who are bent on control and destruction. 

The Hearlds


So much going on. 


We meet new characters, the Empress of Felia and her sister The Mistress of Mercy, who await the return of the Hearlds. 


That ending! 


I can not wait for book 3!!

I completely understand that my thoughts are all over the place, because quite literately I just finished the book and sometimes a bookish ramble? Babble? Is what is needed. Clearly that shows how incredibly wonderful the story is that I couldn't wait to forum thoughts I just dived right into the pool.

Please read this series, you really will not be disappointed.


*Thank you Zack for giving me a copy for review.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman