#bookreview Smash It! by Francina Simone

Smash It! (Smash It! #1)Smash It! by Francina Simone
My rating: ⭐⭐⭐.5

Oliva is like so many other teenage girls lacking confidence, insure with their body, in love with their best friend, who by the keeps on giving her those mixed signals. After a moment self reflecting after some unwanted advice from a bartender at Halloween party she decides to make same changes. To take charge of her life, to be seen, to do it, to say yes more. So she makes herself a list, "the year of fuck it" And well things they are starting to go well....until they don't.

The story it's self is a play on Shakespeare's Othello, which also just happens to be the school play that O wants to try out for as part of her year of yes, her year of "fuck it".

I liked how the story it's self is broken up in to Acts, like they would be for a play with a modern spin on the lines, because the play in the book is a modern rap musical version.

I'm torn, torn when it comes to this review. One side I laughed so much, I was feeling Liv's nerves and insecurities. But then on the other hand I was like this is a bit much.

Over all I liked the story, it kept my attention, made me laugh, had me hooked but still it had some problematic areas.

My copy is an uncorrected proof from Netgalley so maybe things got ironed out before published.

Do I want to read book 2?
Of course I want to see how Oliva's live turns out, what's next for her, to see her grow some more.







View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman