Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia

Mexican Gothic
Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia 
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


#authorcrush....

I loved this book. I love gothic literature and this was a fantastic modern gothic. It reminded me of the old gothic paperbacks I bought at used bookstores when I was younger.
(I've been drawn to idea of the gothic, that beauty in darkness since I was a small child, that and fantasy) But yes the used bookstore would have a bunch from the 60/70s for like .25 cents or so and I would by bag full (I wish I still had them) And Mexican Gothic has captured that same feeling.

It is creepy and atmospheric. With just the right amount of mystery. Like I said at the start, author crush. Slivia Moreno-Garcia has earned her spot in my favorites. I look forward to lining my shelves with her words.


Comments

  1. Hi Carrie, I'm catching up on blog hopping after a couple months off. I just checked this out from the library. I haven't seen a bad review yet! You've reminded me why I'm excited to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot!, I'm so happy to hear that. Hope you enjoy it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman