An reading and blog update

 



Hello and welcome back to the blog, welcome if this is your first time stopping by.

My first post of 2023

So it's been a hot minute since I last posted but I was making an Instagram posting, you should give me a follow I'm more active there as of late,my IG carrieicanhasbooks

Anyways I was making my post and realized that it would be very fitting blog post so I've done just that.


I just can't get enough of Brandon Sanderson 

I'm reading the Cosmere in publication order, I forgot to post The Alloy of Law or my dip into Arcanum Unbound.

After I finished The Way of Kings a few weeks back I would just stare at Words of Radiance on my shelf and I could not wait to pick it up and I'm finally to it.

This is my 6th Sanderson (2 being novellas) of the year I am soo happy with myself. 2022 was not a good year both personally and reading wise, with the passing of both my Step Mom and Grandma.

The slumping made me reflect and think about my reading, I was missing that excitement. That omg I can't wait to binge a series/author. The excitement of reading it's self. The I can't wait to pick up my book, the craving to want more of the world.

My 2023 reading year so far has been incredible. I'm reading what I want to read, not forcing anything. I'll make a tbr of ideas but I will never force myself again to stick to it, to read something I'm not enjoying. I'll put it down and try some other time.

Which as someone who found enjoyment from being a book blogger and reviewer it can be difficult. Hence my lack of posting. I've taken a break from book tours and set deadlines for reviews because to be honest it was making me not enjoy the books the same even if I loved the book. It was feeling too much like required reading. Will I go back to reviews, oh definitely if something really calls to me and once I'm where I want and need to be reading wise and especially if the review can come on my own terms and I don't feel the pressure to read the book by X date. 


I've met many incredible authors, bloggers and readers during my years running this and on other platforms because of booktours and I love the online book community.  

So time for me to dive back into the Cosmere,I'll be staying here for sometime I think.

Thank you for stopping by and happy reading 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman