Wait Till Helen Comes by Mary Downing Hahn


Wait Till Helen Comes
by Mary Downing Hahn
First published: 1986
Middle Grade/Childrens
Ghost stories

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


I can not tell you when I read this book last, it was a childhood favorite, I was around 8 when I first met Helen. I know that that is probably the book that I would have to accredit for my love of the spooky literature. I was already drawn to the darker side, having the Labyrinth to thank for that.  

Reading it as an adult not only am I experiencing the story again, and some what fresh to me as like I said it's been awhile but I'm looking at little me through older eyes. And as much as Heather annoyed the heck out of me as an adult, I can imagine little me clicked with her in ways, I wasn't a hateful monster of a kid but I, like both her and Helen, was also a lonely child. 

When ever you revisit a favorite from childhood be it books, tv shows or movies you run the risk of spoiling the memory.  But with that being said, it's safe to say this didn't happen in this case.  In fact I think it helped me as a person to go back to it. Sometimes revisiting the past can help in the present.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman