The Fireman by Joe Hill

The Fireman

The Fireman by Joe Hill
⭐⭐⭐⭐


There were times when reading this I had to pause, the character of Jacob was very triggering for me and sent me mentally to places I did not wish to go back to. To the point that I was going to DNF it, I'm glad I breathed through because I wanted to know what was going to happed, I was invested.

I found The Fireman to be a very interesting and messed up read. Also feels fitting for the times in which we are living.


I don't want to spoil anything but the cult like actions and some scenes (if you have read the book, the snowball scene in particular) are very intense.

This is a strange book, horrific yet hopeful.

Despite the triggering, I'm still going with 4 stars because it's a story that will grip ahold of you and you want to know what will happen.

Joe Hill it truly is fathers son.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman