2021 Bookish Goals

 Happy New Year!

2021 Bookish Goals


Welcome back to the beginning. A new year, a new start. What do you want to do with it? How are you going to live it? What do you want to make of it? I've been making a list in my journal on sticky notes through out December of my bookish goals, and I have a few. 

Heads up I know I'm contradicting myself with some of these, but it is what it is. 

1.Embrace the DNF: I'm not talking the soft ones, it's the hard no this book is not for me or I hate it, put that down and don't look back ones. I have to learn not to torture myself in 2021


2. Finish some series: I have soooo many book series that I have started it's rather quite ridiculous. Even if I can't finish them all (which realistically I won't or can't) I want to at least get further in as many as I can.


3. Read for me: Reading challenges where there are prompts are fun in all but sometimes forcing ones self to read a book when your not in the mood can lead to slumps and no one wants that.


4.Netgalley/Book reviews:  Okay so I admit I suck when it comes to Netgalley. One of my serious goals is to get that ratio  up. I get a little trigger happy seeing all these new books and go click. So I need to take a step back in my requests not saying I'm not going to ask for any just need to not ask for so many. Every month my TBR will contain at least 2 books from my Netgalley list. I also owe a few authors some reviews that I couldn't get to last year. Which I am sorry for but 2020 was a year and 2021 I'll do better. 


5. Be more selective: Meaning don't try to do it all. There are so many wonderful challenges, readathons, readalongs out there that it's hard to not want to do them all. Which in turn makes me fail at completing any of them.


6. Bookclubs: There a few bookclubs that I'm trying to be more active in with reading the monthly read, some are on Goodreads other on booktube. Shelf Space which is hosted by Jessie Mae and Busy Bee BookClub which is hosted by Booked and Busy, to name a few.


7.My 2021 book project: I asked people on different social media sites to tell what their much loved Fantasy books which to them were underrated/underloved. They could be new releases, older books, self-published or Indie. My plain is to read 1 or 2 a month.


8.Read every day: I hope to read at least 50 pages a day. But I won't beat myself up self if life doesn't let me.


9.Brandon Sanderson Every month: This man has a lot of words written, enough that I could be reading some every month. I'm starting in January, picking up where I have last with this him.


10. Classics: I also would like to be reading classics every month. Does that mean I'll start and finish one in a month? No, but I want to be reading some everyone. This works for my next goal.


11. War and Peace: I started this tome last year, and I haven't touched it in months, this is something I would like to change. So one of my big goals is to finish this massive book.


12.Started books: I have MANY books that I've started, I even have a shelf on Goodreads to keep track of my back burner books. So through out the year I would like to reduce the number on there and finish as many as I can.


13.Non-Fiction: I would like to add more to my life. So everyone month like other goals I would like to be reading at least one a month, even if said book spreads over into others. It's still a non fiction reading in each month.


14.SFF Bingo: Over on Twitter Spells & Spaceships has created a SFF book bingo (with badges!) And well it's one of the year long challenges I wish to partake in. 


15. Readalongs/readathons: So There are handful of readalongs that I'm taking part in this year.

a) A Court of Thorns and Roses-A-Long it stared in December but you can find out more here, Thorns and Roses-A-Long

b)Another Sarah  Maas Read along with Throne of Glass, more info at Togalong

c) Malazan which is hosted and created by Mike's Book Reviews, find him on Twitter @Mike's Book Reviews, he has discord for the readalong, go join the War Band!


There are a few others that I want to part take in as well such as well but when I know more information about them I'll make another post.

15. Blog more: That is pretty straight forward I think. I'm not as active here as I would like to be, only using my page for reviews. Well 2021 I hope will be the year that I do more with it, like Book Hauls, monthly tbr's, readathons and other bookish content.


16. The year was 2012: So apparently in 2012 I added over 800 books to Goodreads. Many are books I own but many are Amazon freebies, because 2012 is the year I discovered the kindle app and I was introduced to the world of  1-Click and all the free books that the site offers.

I don't want to go into 2022 with all those books that have been sitting there for 10 years. I plan to set my want to read list to date added, with 20 to a page and roll my D20 to pick.  

So I guess this will be like a TBR game I'm doing for myself. Wish me luck as I work out the number of rolls. 

17. Goodreads: And my goodread goal is......drum roll please: 100.



So that's it 17 bookish goals. Will I think of more? Probably. Will I tweak this list as I go? Most definitely.


I want to wish you all a Happy 2021. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman