#bookrewview The Crowns of Croswald (The Crowns of Croswald #1) by D.E. Night

The Crowns of Croswald (The Croswald Series, #1)
The Crowns of Croswald by D.E Night
Book 1 in the The Crowns of Croswald series
Fanstay: Middle Grade/Young adult
Publish: July 21, 2017

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ pulse so many more




If you love whimsical magical stories then The Crowns of Croswald by D.E Night is the perfect book for you.

I LOVED this book!!!

Ivy Lovely has lived her sixteen years as a scaldrony maid, working in the kitchen of Plum Castle surrounded by Slurry fields tending to the scaldron's who cook/prepare the food. Thinking nothing special of herself, until Rimbrick a dwarf and dear friend, her only friend try's to tell her otherwise. She doesn't believe that she has any magic in her, even after receiving her letter to the Halls of Ivy, a magic academy. How can she be a squinch? And yet there she goes, whisked off to the Town with no name to join the academy along with the other squinches and royals. The squinches have picture perfect memories and are the researchers and record keepers, the sketchers for the Royals. The Royals have special stone in their crowns tuned to the magic abilities that each person has. Some can shapeshift, control elements and so forth.

The school it's self is filled with magical creatures, magical books that never run out and a forgotten room, who's door is carefully guarded in The Selectors office.

Not all is whimsy in this story, no there is the Dark Queen with her Cloaked brood whom everyone fears.

Strange things seem to happen to Ivy once she lands in the Town with no name, things that seem to happen to only her.

Come join in her adventure has she learns more about herself and what the Halls of Ivy have hidden in it's walls.

So if you take Harry Potter and Studio Ghibli blend them up, you have the magical wonder of The Crowns of Croswald. Like I said at the start, I loved this book. I would give it beyond 5 stars if I could. I don't say that often if you follow my review's, only certain books get my beyond 5 stars stamp.

I REALLY want to read the next book, this was an arc that I was asked to review and I am soo happy I was asked. This will be a series that will one day sit on my shelf in it's forever home and be loved over and over again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman