The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins #bookreview

The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (The Hunger Games, #0)
The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes
Suzanne Collins
⭐⭐⭐⭐(3.5 more like it but I can't half them)


So I finished this last night. I didn't hate it.

When I first started, I had to set it down for a moment because I was going into this novel with the wrong thoughts. I knew it had mixed reviews and that there are some who hated it. I kept myself free from the reviews because I didn't want another persons thoughts to cloud mine.

Also I had mixed thoughts going in because why Snow?
Why did this guy need a back story of all the characters that Suzanne Collins could have picked to have a back story about why of all people this dbag?

So I took a breath and talked to myself. In doing so I was like, 'okay Carrie pretend you never read The Hunger Games pretend you know nothing and go into this. Pretend you have no idea who Snow is and treat it like it's new.'

So I did.

And well I liked the book, I love a backstory. I love reading why a person is the way they are. What events took place for them to become the person we see now/they turned out to be.

I don't like Snow but I understand him more now.
Did I really need to understand him?
No.
Could there still have been a better character to write about?
Yes.

That all being said, this book was not terrible. We have good characters we also have some evil sick ones. I enjoyed seeing the hunger games before they became what we know them to be and more about why they exist in the first place.

Also Lucy Gray is a ray of sunshine and this is my Lucy Gray


Was this a necessary book to have been written?
Nope.
Was it a enjoyable companion novel to the trilogy?
Yes.
Do I want more in this world?
Of course.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman