REVIEW: Light by Adrienne Woods (Dream Casters 1)

Light (Dream Casters, #1)Light by Adrienne Woods
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was given an uncorrected e-copy for review. My copy contained spelling errors, which hopefully were fixed in the published versions.

Before I start I would like to take a moment to say how lovely the cover art is. It is absolutely gorgeous.

The story opens up with a couple who's destines were not to be together. He a light dream caster and she a dark. The dream casters are not like the Sandman we learn about as children, yes they can can conjure up dreams and things out of sand, light is golden brown while dark is black and brings shadows and nightmares.

"She was his nightmare, and a nightmare he was prepared to die for."

It was a love story that was never meant to be. From this union we have a child, Chastity.

Chastity thought she was a normal girl she had know idea that she was the daughter of a shadow and light caster. Up until the day she felt the sands in her own hand she had never heard of casters or their world.

Once discovered she is lives in fear that she will turn dark, that her sands will run black.

"It can't be that simple. They say Shadow Casters are born Shadow Casters"

Shades laughed again. "Nothing is born dark, Chas, It's made."


I really enjoyed this book, it held my attention from start to finish, despite my review copy having spelling/ grammatical errors. It took nothing away from the story.

Light is the start of a young adult fantasy series, if this first book is any indication of what this series will be like then sign me up for the long haul. This will be one journey I will thoroughly enjoy.

I do have to point out a complaint of mine though, what was with all the freaking giggling?

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman