Doomboy by Tony Sandoval

DoomboyDoomboy by Tony Sandoval
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Warning the following review contains spoilers so continue on with caution.

I'D a.k.a Doomboy feels like there is a hole in him. His life will never be the same after the death of his girlfriend Annie. So in order to fill it he plays his guitar to the sky for her not realizing it is being picked up on radio air waves and that is music is touching all that can hear it.

The story its self is told with the combination of drawing and words. And they flow together great. I found the art work to be a little hard and rough around the edges but I think that was the point. This is a story of a guitar playing, metal loving kid who just got his heart ripped from him and his journey to find away to become whole again.

So graphic novel + metal I assumed it would equal awesomesauce but it didn't quite reach my expectations. That is not to say it wasn't good because I did enjoy it. Just not to the full extent as I though I would.

I was given an eARC for review via Netgalley.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman