Review: The Reason I Jump by Naoki Higashida

The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with AutismThe Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism by Naoki Higashida Translated by David Mitchell 
My rating: 3.8 of 5 stars


  I used to be afraid that as long as I had autism, I'd never be able to live properly as a human being



So The Reason I Jump is look inside the mind/thoughts/life of a person living with autism. In this particular book, it is of a 13 year old Japaneses boy, who for the ages seems to be very insightful and mature.

I see from some other reviews there is some doubt as to the legitimacy of this book, and to be honest it is really understandable.  There have been incidents in the past that have given reason to doubt. I for one am choosing to believe in this particular book.

Why you ask?
Well why not?

The book is basically one long interview with little short stores/tales thrown into the mix, in which Naoki Higashida answers a series of questions and explains why people who are autistic do the things they do, and how it feels to be not like everyone else, I chose not to use the word "normal" as really no one is truly normal.

I for one do not know a whole lot about autism and I found it to be a rather interesting read.

Is is an hard book to rate to be honest with you all. I've been wavering between a few numbers, but I think I will finalize it with a 3.8 not completely a 4 star rating but more then a 3.5.




View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman