Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)Cinder by Marissa Meyer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Rating 3.5/4

I love the cover of this book, I am after all a sucker for red shoes. It is a very look at me, pick me up and read me cover. Well atleast that's what it says to me.

So I picked it up and read it, well first I had to request it to be sent from another library as mine had "lost" it's copy. Meaning someone enjoyed the book and didn't want to share it.

On to the book itself.

I don't know if others agree with me or if I'm in the minority as I have yet to pay much attention to the other reviews. But I found the start of this book on the slow side, I was thinking okay glad I borrowed this book rather then spend cash on it. It also could have been me to be honest with you as I was a little distracted when I first started to read it. Hench the unsure rating mentioned at the start of this "review". As the story continued I did find myself getting more and more into the story.

So Cinder has you might have guessed is well a Cinderella story, not in the sense that one would call a retelling of Cinderella but more so loosely based around somewhat.

Cinder is a young "girl", a cyborg if you will, she is also the best mechanic in New Beijing who lives with her step-mom or rather legal guardian and 2 sisters. She isn't forced to do the cooking and the cleaning but rather it is her job to make money for the family at the market.

Like the original Cinderella there is a handsome prince and yes there is even a ball. Cinder doesn't care about the ball all she wants is her freedom.But what the classic fairy-tale doesn't have is a plague, androids and cyborgs, a race of beings who are from the moon called "Lunars" whose Queen is more dangerous then anything on Earth and also there are the twists, that well I kind of guessed at.

So you know after all this is said and done I think I'll go with a 4 star rating.

Happy reading.




View all my reviews

Comments

  1. This was a very fun book to read. I thought Marissa developed a very interesting world to tell her story in. I'm about to start Scarlet, I've heard that each book in the series gets better, which is a bit hard to believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have to agree she did a great job with the world she created. I am excited to read Scarlet myself, and I do have it out of the library.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman