Right Now (Moments, #2) by Marie Hall

Right Now (Moments, #2)Right Now by Marie Hall
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Copy received for review via Netgalley.

Right Now takes place just shortly after A Moment ends. Ryan and Lili are still around and we get see more of their happily ever after but this story, is the story of Alex.

Alex, can get any girl he wants. And he's had too many to count. But it's getting old, boring and well it's not really working for him anymore. His longest relationship lasting a week. Using sex as away to cope, with his issues. He doesn't want to live like this.

After deciding to listen to his fortune cookie, "Be opposite" he takes his first step in that direction and into Zoe Stone's world.

Zoe, (is probably one of the coolest characters I've read in awhile by the way), works at a tattoo parlor. Dubbed the ice queen by her best friend Jamie she doesn't really date much, not that she doesn't like to she just isn't boy crazy and her hearts really only belonged to one guy ever and he's never even knew she existed, Alexander Donovan.

Imagine her surprise when their worlds collide.

I really enjoyed this book, in fact I liked it better then the first book. Zoe is a great and totally cool character, I love pinups, tattoos, body mods, rockabilly, the 50s that whole scene. So I was really excited to read a character like her. Alex is broken with issues that he still is trying to come to terms with, he's in a dark place trying to escape going back there anyway he can and usually it's through sex. I can relate to this pairing it's freaky how much I can. I think that's part of the reason why I liked this book so much more.

It's dark, and painful and you just want to scream when they scream and hold them in your arms when they are breaking down. I really hope we get a book 3. Will definitely be keeping my eyes open for it.

4.5 stars

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman