Save Yourself by Kelly Braffet

Save YourselfSave Yourself by Kelly Braffet
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is a little twisted, a little a dark. I really can't say what I think, still trying to let it sink in. It felt like there was a horrible accident that had taken place and I couldn't look away.

The story is given to us from the many sides, we get to see the messed up lives of each character, Patrick, Caro, Mike, Laya and Vera, and how they handle the misery that they feel their life is. And misery is a good word for it, some of the stuff these people deal with daily is shocking and hard to swallow. So much corruption, brainwashing and darkness.

When I first picked this up I thought there was going to be more of a mystery/thriller. It was more the darkness that we live. You know whats the scary and well sad thing is? There are people who lives are like those in this book, they are suffering from the brainwashing from family and other loved ones. They are suffering from corruption, they feel like they have no one to turn too. Working in dead end jobs, being picked on in school to the point you just want to run away and change who you are. Go somewhere no one knows who you are. Being with people who make you feel that you need to do what they say to belong. The world is a messed up place and this book, Save Yourself gives us a little glimpse of what life is like for some.

The last 20% or so I would have never said or even guessed was how the book would unfold. I'm not going to spoil the ending but I was actually shocked and then glued with my jaw dropped, literally it dropped open and I said "wow".




View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman