The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau

The TestingThe Testing by Joelle Charbonneau
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*I was given an ARC copy of for review, via NetGalley*

Expected publication: June 4th 2013


First of all I have noticed many other reviews talking about The Hunger Games, I myself have NOT read that trilogy, so I don't have all that much to compare it too.

Set in the aftermath of the what is known as the Seven Stages of War, humanity is trying to rebuild. After graduation a select few from each colony gets picked to go for testing. The testing, set in four stages will eliminate those who do not have what it takes to become the future leaders. Those who do pass get to go on to the University and from there into careers that will help in the rebuild.

Cia is thrilled to have been picked for the testing it is something she studied and worked hard for. After a talk with her father, someone who has gone through the testing and university she goes into it with her eyes and ears on alert.

 "Be careful who you trust, Cia. You do that and everything will be okay."

So many questions plague her. Can she trust the others that come from Five Lakes Colony? Why has it been years since people from her colony has been selected? What happens to those who fail? Do they get relocated or can they go home? Would others really go to extreme measures to insure a placement at the University?

I absolutely LOVED this book and I can not wait to rush out and pick up a copy when it comes out on the June 4th. I can not wait for the next book  Independent Study to be released.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman