The Lady of Bolton Hill by Elizabeth Camden


The Lady of Bolton HillThe Lady of Bolton Hill by Elizabeth Camden
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Daniel and Clara have been best friends since they were children, both coming from different backgrounds but brought together from a mutual love of Chopin. Always playing music together, known pieces and scoring their own, something other then friendship started to bloom. Even if it was not noticed between the two.

Clara was to be sent to London to live with her Aunt. Under the guise of her pursuing her dream of writing, not realizing her father was purposely keeping her from the budding romance he could see happening even if she never.

After a lifetime away in London, Clara returns home to Baltimore a journalist, a rarity for females, wondering what happened to Daniel after all these years. Was he still the same boy, even though now a grown man, that she used to know?

For the first half of this book I was thinking this will be a four star book. I was enjoying the story and the characters, I loved Daniel. I loved the playfulness between both he and Clara, the friendship still strong even after all those years and distance between them.

As the story continued on into the second half, this is where one of the stars faded away. With out spoiling the story for others, things happened that for me I couldn't wrap my head around. Not saying it couldn't happen just that it seemed to soon and sudden. A little far fetched.

Over all I will give it 3.5 stars, because I did enjoy the book and characters, just not the outcome of some things.

I leave you with Chopin's Nocturne No. 4
,




View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman