Prophecy Girl (Lacuna Valley, #1) by Faith McKay


Prophecy Girl (Lacuna Valley, #1)Prophecy Girl by Faith McKay
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

..Spoilers ahead..

*Copy given for an honest review*

Sam is this supposed "Prophecy Girl", her dreams can give clues to future events. Her little sister Violet is what people have labeled a "puppet master" she prays/wishes for something and it happens. She is a key player in the events in this book. She can control things, the weather, actions, people. She can make someone do things against their will if she wanted. Their mother is trying to control her, and they pray together. Even though Violet doesn't always pray for what her mother wants her too.

The mother is pure hate, she is a such an horrible person. She treats Sam like she is nothing but worthless trash, while using Violets "prayers" to help her out. Sam can not wait until she is eighteen years of age, then she is free of her. But the thing is Sam doesn't think she'll make it that far because her mother will probably kill her first. If she doesn't there is still Violet to protect.



She is an evil woman who is in search of a magical orb. And because of this search they keep on moving from small town to small town. What she wants with this orb is unknown, what she could do with it, is terrifying.

We have Nick, the protector of the orb. He comes from a long line of protectors as the role is past on from one generation onto the next.  Who by the way made me think of Xander, whenever he spoke or did anything.

A little slow at times for me, as we got closer to the end I felt like things were dragging on and not really going anywhere. I just wanted something to happen and for the story to pick up. I didn't really like Sam some of the time, Nick I liked all of the time.

I found myself left with many unanswered questions at the end of this book. There is much more to this story and I can only hope my questions get answered as the series continues.





View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman