Before the Season Ends by Linore Rose Burkard

Before the Season EndsBefore the Season Ends by Linore Rose Burkard
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

*Waring Spoilers Ahead*

Before the Season Ends was an enjoyable read and it got much better as it went on but then it well, went downhill and made me mad.

I stayed up into the wee hours finishing this book, slept on it and now that I am awake again, I am still disappointed. This book held my attention and interest for so long and then I wanted to yell at it.




Ariana is sent to stay in London with her Aunt, for the season. Her Aunt being overly wealthy is a childless widow who wants to present her niece to society. This will benefit the three parties involved, her aunt's invitations are not as plentiful as they used to be, this will get her invited to more of the Tons events. Ariana will be able to intermingle with the best of society, perhaps find a husband and see some of the sites of London she has hoped to visit. For her parents they want to remove her from the ageing rector that has set his sights on her and her him, thinking it must be her lot in life.

At her first event, a picnic she meets Mr. Mr. Mornay. Mr. Mornay is a bachelor, who can make you or ruin you in the eyes of the Ton, he is very handsome and rich. Due to certain events that take place in the story, Ariana and Mr. Mornay are to spend much time together. Which is the good part for me in this book, the better part.

Now here comes my frustration, she loves him, yet she is unsure as to marry him. Why? Because he isn't a "true believer". So she sends him to stay with her father so he can learn to become one. I'm sorry but  that is ridiculous. I understand that this is Christian fiction, I've read a nice bit of this genre lately, and some of them a relationship won't work until they started going to church but this book, this book got me frustrated.

I see a lot of great reviews regarding this novel, and it was great book up until I wanted to yell and glare. Because of these frustrations I CAN NOT give it as high a rating as I had thought I would end up giving it.

So my final rating will have to be 2.5 stars.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman