Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris

Dead Reckoning Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


So I go and pick up this book, I'm pumped. So very excited to be getting back to Sookie and Eric ( wipes drool off my chin). So picture if you will, I have the bottle of red open. I am all cozy and set to read. I stop and go "hmmm". Shake it off as the normal okay we are at the start of the book lets recap for those who might not remember.

So I take some more sips and continue on. Stopping yet again, I go "hmm, um, yeah". We are hitting somewhere past the 100 mark and I'm getting a little worried, did I pay for a book that is just recap, recap, recap, filler words to take up space, recap?? I"m starting to think I did.

Then FINALLY we start to get somewhere, it only took the better part of the book to do so, but at this point I'm happy and looking forward to the action. And next thing I knew it was over and I was left lying here feeling used and very unsatisfied.

I don't want to say this, I REALLY don't. I like this series sooo much. But man this book gets a thumbs down. I'm sorry but it just didn't do it for me, I was so very disappointed.

I can't help but wonder what went wrong? How can the first 10 be so good and this one be such a dud? I understand that yeah, this is book 11. It's a long series and it is a tv show now. Things are bound to get stale.

I can only hope that this was just a pothole in the series and that the remaining books will bring me back to that happy place I have with these books. And if that is the case, I will be more forgiving with this particular book and if not and this is how things will be from now on, I will move on and remember the good times.




View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman