The Comfort of Lies by Randy Susan Meyers

The Comfort of LiesThe Comfort of Lies by Randy Susan Meyers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

**First of I would like to thank Atria Books for giving me this copy, via Netgalley**

I'm unsure how I felt when reading The Comfort of Lies, was I moved? Did I connect to the characters? Not really. I had certain expectations going into this, I thought when I sat down to read it that maybe I should move the tissue box a little closer, just in case.

I didn't need them.

I guess all the characters could make someone feel for them, but for most part any low times and sadness is due to their own actions. Everyone in this book makes mistakes, they do things they shouldn't, say and have thoughts they wish could be taken back, but that is life. We all do or say things we shouldn't, there isn't anyone who has never lied. The only innocents in this book, are the children involved.

I do need to give some praise to the author, Randy Susan Meyers. It was well written and kept my attention despite my lack of connection to the characters, just because I wasn't moved by them didn't take away my enjoyment of the story. Also I should address that I didn't not like any of them, I just couldn't feel the connection I have in the past with other characters.

As I neared the end I was happy where everything and everyone was going. Even though I couldn't place myself in any ones shoes, I was happy for them. Because without the character growth I think my review and rating would be more negative.

Overall I found The Comfort of Lies to be good story, written well with characters growing to be better people.

3.5 to 4 stars.

I also wanted to add, that I really like the title and I find the it to be the most perfect one for this book. After reading it I can't see it being called anything else.

"Finally, it's all out in the open, and we can be a family without the holding on to the comfort of lies."






View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman