Promise Me This by Cathy Gohlke

Promise Me ThisPromise Me This by Cathy Gohlke
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I knew when I started reading Promise Me This that I was setting myself up for heartbreak and sadness. How could I not, the story partially takes place aboard the Titanic, and we all know the events of that fateful night. We know about the hundreds of souls lost to the cold deep Atlantic ocean. Then we have World War I, another tragic momentous stain on our past. So like I said I knew what I getting myself into. Both moments in history that has always fascinated me, along with other events in history. Part of the reason I was drawn to reading this book.

But those were not the only tragic events, yes they are not wide scale as the sinking of the Titanic or the WWI but the personal tragedies that have happened to those in the story, both living and and those who have past on.

This book is about getting past those times, as well as facing them head on. Forgiveness and doing well towards other, no matter who they are or what they have done. Even though sometimes it's hard to see past the hate and pain they have caused. All while dealing with devastating events that take place in the story.

Sometimes after I read a book I don't always read the note from the author, most times I do and this was one of those times I did. I found it interesting to see that Owen Allen was in fact a real person who was a gardener and did actually lose his life with the sinking of the Titanic.

I will for sure be checking out Cathy Gohlke's other works.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman