The Secret of Willow Lane by Virginia Rose Richter

The Secret of Willow LaneThe Secret of Willow Lane by Virginia Rose Richter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Jessica is like a lot of kids growing up in the 80s, sending away for a detective kit, probably one that was clipped out of an Archie comic. And it couldn't come at better time, there are lights in the window in the old house across the street. No ones has lived in there since Mr.Johnson's death. So who is that man in the window?

I think think this was a very good start to a children's mystery series. As a child I always enjoyed reading Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys and other detective books. Mystery is still one of my favorite genres today and I know that if I was to have read this as a child I would have really liked it. The writing is well done and easy for kids to understand, as an adult I was able to guess the outcome of events, but that didn't make the story any less enjoyable.





View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman