#bookreview Dear Girl by Aija Mayrock

Dear GirlDear Girl by Aija Mayrock
My rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Staying true to the book, my review will be in poetry form.

Dear Girl,

A collection of poetry
to bring you to tears.
Some you feel
Some you might never know,
while wishing you did.
I found myself clapping,
shouting yes this is true.
Rivers forming in my eyes
because I have worn these shoes.

****

Aija Mayrock's poems will connect
all women kind to another.
We have fought,
we have cried.
This our truth.
We must love each other,
love ourselves,
speak out for one another,
hold the candle,
hold the door.
Scream a little louder for the voices of the unsure,
the timed,
the scared,
the forgotten and the lost.

I cried. I connected. I smiled.

Well written, broken up into sections and 100% real.
*Thank you Netgalley and Andrews McMeel Publishing

View all my reviews


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman