Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

SpeakSpeak by Laurie Halse Anderson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Reading this book was like stepping back into high school for me. The girl who was looked at as the freak, the girl who was told she was no fun and was told she was depressed, and depressing and that she needed help. I could have wrote this book, I lived so much of it, except I never took art class, I had creative writing, poetry was my drug of choice when it came to outlets.

When you have been in abused/raped/hurt in anyway physical or mental, the hardest thing to do is speak up. Silence at first becomes your friend, your only friend but in the end that same silence can turn in to your enemy, because in the end you only get hurt more with the thoughts you have tormenting you. Wanting to scream but drowning in your words that won't come out.

I think everyone should read this novel...no mater what stereotypical roll you fell into in high school.

I think everyone should read this book...no mater what your experiences with rape or abuse.

I think everyone should read this book...





View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman