Outstanding in the Rain: A Whole Story With Holes by Frank Viva

Outstanding in the RainOutstanding in the Rain by Frank Viva
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was given a copy of Outstanding in the Rain for review curtsy of Tundra Books. The first thing I noticed when I received my copy was the artwork. I was completely amazed at how beautiful this book is. (I really wish my phone would stop acting up and let me insert some pictures.)

The story its self was cute, I loved how it was told with holes in the pages, how after each turn of the page the hole took on a whole new life. I read this out loud to my wee one and she rather enjoyed it finding it cute as we went from hole to hole. One of our favorites would have to be the subway train windows on one page turning into the toothy grin on the boy on the next.

Overall the images are the major selling point of this book. Just absolutely lovely.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#bookreview Escaping First Contact by T.S Beier #booktour

Little White Hands by Mark Cushen (#bookreveiw + #giveaway int) #bookblitz

Skinned by Robin Wasserman